Monday, November 4, 2013

Decay

I've been attempting to research a bit into art that incorporates decay into it. Unfortunately I haven't found a lot that seems deal with anything but the literal sense of the word decay. Actual decaying artwork, artwork that looks like it is decaying, artwork subject matter that is decaying. None of which seems to be touching on what I am looking into which is the eventual nothingness that the universe will supposedly become. They are all using a very literal sense of that word. More along the lines of decomposition as opposed to what I am thinking of. I have incorporated an entropy function into my code that is starting to get at the decay idea I think. I haven't changed the aesthetic yet as I enjoy it and I think it communicates stars and energy.

Some screenshots of it in "action"




Everything, from the main stars, to the background stars are fading at a rate that is difficult to notice but eventually  becomes very noticeable.  Full animation is at: My Website

No comments:

Post a Comment