Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Almost Complete

Alright, so the glass eye is sculpted and cold worked to a polish again. The digital side of things is similar to the last post. I added color changes to the planet circling the star. It now changes to brown as if all of the water burns off when the sun goes into it's red giant phase. There are a few more thing that I would like to change before actually setting the piece up in a gallery. For example I need to change the stand. While it's better than what I originally had (cardboard), it still doesn't fit with the visual style and aesthetics of the eye itself. It is very rectangular and boxy, while the eye is nothing but smooth and organic lines. I would also like to cold work the eye a bit more. There are a few select areas, such as the nub on the end, that could use some grinding down.


1 comment:

  1. Please document your work and post it here or email me pictures.

    ReplyDelete