Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Self-Assessment

Currently I'm not sure that I have a "style" artistically. For the most part when I doodle I attempt realism but I also enjoy putting a lot of surreal aspects into my works. When I say doodles I mean that I am not necessarily using my chosen medium for an artistic reason and I don't usually make that much "art". Mostly I just make websites. The main reason that I am using web design is to eventually get a job doing just that. Unfortunately I assume that I won't always have a whole lot of artistic freedom in that sense... I do have another medium that I really enjoy. I believe that using my skills as a glass blower I could combine my knowledge of HTML 5, javascript, Photoshop, After Effects, possibly even Maya with projection through glass that I've hand blown would be quite an undertaking but I think that I could pull it off. It will have a direction and definitely a theme of some sort. I still need to think more about this... I almost feel like I could do something mind blowing with this piece if I do it right. I've also found an interesting installation called PRISMA 1666.

http://www.feelguide.com/2011/11/09/huge-prisms-ipad-colored-light-projections-shanghais-stunning-art-installation-piece-prisma-1666/

This incorporates aspects of what I want to achieve in my own piece. I really like the idea of touch screen interactivity...

No comments:

Post a Comment